About The Honda Rubicon 500 ATV
The Honda Rubicon 500 all-terrain vehicle(ATV) is manufactured by Honda Motors and marketed as a recreational utility ATV. It weighs 722lbs and has a 28 horsepower 475cc engine(518cc in 2020) giving the Honda Rubicon 500 a top speed of 54 MPH. The Seat height of the Rubicon 500 is 35.8 inches and ground clearance is 9.4 inches making it a popular quad to ride in the mud.
Honda Rubicon 500 Specs
- Engine: 518cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke: 96.0mm x 71.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Induction: Fuel Injection w/ 36mm throttle body
- Starter: Electric
- Honda Rubicon 500 Weight: 722lbs
- Drive: Direct driveshafts w/ locking front differential
- Transmission: Automatic/manual Dual Clutch 5-speed + Reverse and High/Low
- Front suspension: Double wishbone w/ 7.3 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Independent dual-arm w/ 8.5 inches of travel
- Front brakes: Dual hydraulic calipers w/ 190mm discs
- Rear brakes: Single hydraulic caliper w/ 170mm discs
- Front tire size: 25 x 8-12
- Honda Rubicon 500 Horsepower: 28 HP
- Rear tire size: 25 x 10-12
- Overall length: 84.5 inches
- Overall width: 47.4 inches
- Overall height: 48.6 inches
- Honda Rubicon 500 Seat Height: 35.8 inches
- Ground Clearance: 9.4 inches
- Wheelbase: 50.9 inches
- Turning Radius: 11.5 ft.
- Honda Rubicon 500 Top Speed: 54 MPH
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal + 1.3 gal. reserve
- Front Rack Capacity: 99 lbs.
- Rear Rack Capacity: 187 lbs.
- Towing Capacity: 1,322 lbs.
- A Honda Rubicon 500 manual is available online for instant download.
How much HP does a Honda Rubicon 500 have?
The Honda Rubicon 500 has a 28 horsepower engine.
How fast does a Honda Rubicon 500 go?
The Honda Rubicon 500 has a top speed of 54 MPH on flat ground in stock condition.
What is the difference between a Honda Foreman and Rubicon?
The main difference between a Honda Foreman 500 and a Honda Foreman Rubicon 500 is the Rubicon's independent rear suspension. The Rubicon 500 also has a different engine and transmission than the Honda Foreman 500. A Rubicon model is essentially the special edition version of the Honda Foreman 500.
How much does a Honda Rubicon 500 Cost?
Cost depends on year. A brand new Rubicon has a base manufacturers suggested retail price(MSRP) of $8,699. Upgrades are available for things like camo graphics and tire brands, lift kits and snorkel kits that can raise the cost significantly.
An older stock used Honda Rubicon 500 can occasionally be found online via ATV classifieds and auctions for as little as $2000.00. This is comparable to utility models of other popular ATV brands.
Are there lower cost alternatives to the Honda Rubicon 500?
Yes. The Honda Rancher 420 is similar to the Honda Rubicon 500 but at a lower cost. Similar accessory options are available for ATV mudding too, which is a favorite activity of many Honda Rubicon 500 owners.