Suzuki LTZ 400 Specs and Review
Suzuki's Z400 ATV, also known as the LTZ 400, is a high performance all terrain vehicle in Suzuki's popular Quad-Sport lineup. The Suzuki Z400 earned it's reputation of being an all-around top performer by being equally impressive on trails, sand dunes and on the race track. The Z400 provided loads of four-wheel fun for this experienced rider.
Key features of the Suzuki LTZ 400 included aggressive bodywork with high fenders and specially designed air intake vents to improve airflow to the radiator. The Suzuki 400 ATV also sported a distinctive color pattern, blue and yellow (white also available), and a lot of optional high performance aftermarket Z400 parts were available.
From the Z400's compact lightweight 398cc 4-stroke, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine to it's lightweight, high tensile steel-alloy frame and removable steel sub-frame this Suzuki ATV screams of fun.
Z400 Specs for the popular 2006 model
- Engine : 398cc, 4-stroke, single cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, TSCC
- Bore Stroke : 90.0 x 62.6mm
- Compression Ratio : 11.3:1
- Fuel System: Mikuni BSR36
- Lubrication : Dry sump
- Ignition : Digital/transistorized
- Transmission : 5-speed, with reverse
- Final Drive : # 520 chain
- Overall Length : 1830mm (72.0 in.)
- Overall Width : 1165mm (45.9 in.)
- Overall Height : 1160mm (45.7 in.)
- Seat Height : 810mm (31.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance : 265mm (10.4 in.)
- Wheelbase : 1245mm (49.0 in.)
- Dry Weight : 169kg (372 lbs.)
- Suspension Front: Independent, double A-arm, fully adjustable preload, compression & rebound damping, 8.5 inches of travel
- Suspension Rear: Linkage-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, adjustable compression rebound damping, 9.1 inches of travel
- Brakes Front : Dual hydraulic discs
- Brakes Rear : Single hydraulic disc
- Tires Front : AT 22 x 7-10
- Tires Rear : AT 20 x 10-9
- Fuel Tank Capacity : 10 liters (2.6 gal.)
- Color : Yellow, White
The Suzuki QuadSport Z400 ATV is manufactured by Suzuki Cycles and is designed for riders 16 years of age or older. Though we are now in 2016 it looks like Suzuki has quietly discontinued production of Suzuki Z400 ATVs, the last Z400 produced was in 2014. It is very likely that the mass appeal of side by side ATVs and utility ATVs has led to the decline in demand of sport ATVs in general.
Specs for the last(2014) Suzuki Z400 ATV
- Bore Stroke: 90.0 mm (3.543 in) x 62.6 mm (2.465 in)
- Compression Ratio: 11.3 : 1
- Engine: 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Starter: Electric
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, twin
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake
- Color: Solid Special White, Championship Yellow / Black
- Curb Weight: 193 kg (425 lbs)
- Final Drive: RK 520SMOZ10S, 96 links
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 9.1 L (2.4/2.0 US/Imp gal)
- Ground Clearance: 265 mm (10.4 in)
- Overall Length: 1830 mm (72.0 in)
- Overall Width: 1190 mm (46.9 in)
- Seat Height: 810 mm (31.9 in)
- Suspension Front: Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension: Rear Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Tires Front: AT22 × 7 R10 tubeless
- Tires Rear: AT20 × 10 R9 tubeless
- Transmission: 5-speed forward with reverse
- Wheelbase: 1245 mm (49.0 in)
- Warranty: 12 month limited warranty.
Suzuki believes strongly in safety and offers to pay for rider training courses to anyone 16 years or older wanting to take them. They refer riders to a local Suzuki dealer and arrange for the classes to be taken, very few other types of products can say that about a manufacturer. Of all the ATV brands, Suzuki is a leader in being proactive about safety.
Will Suzuki ever make another Z400 ATV? They haven't said they wouldn't but it will depend on market demand. If you want Suzuki to continue making the Suzuki Z400 get in touch with them and let them know. I hope you found this suzuki ltz 400 review useful.