Honda Odyssey FL350 Specs
This Honda Odyssey FL350 ATV was recently rebuilt and it runs strongly, an impressive feat after being idle for 15 years. New parts include stock axles, factory u joints and new rear shocks. I'm inspired to share what I know about the 1977-1985 Honda Odyssey FL350 ATV with you.
The FL350 engine is an air cooled 329.1cc two-stroke single cylinder design. The bore is 78.5mm and the stroke is 68mm. It has a 32mm piston value carburetor with reed valve. An automatic clutch and V-Belt torque converter with reverse transmission make it fun to ride. Honda Odyssey FL350 weight is 602 lbs dry.
The Honda Odyssey ATV line has a reputation for being well built and lasting a long time, unfortunately as the years go by parts and information become harder to find. If you happen to come across a Honda Odyssey for sale don't let a little dust or faded paint frighten you off, whats underneath is a lot of fun and they are solidly designed. The Honda Odyssey fl350 has earned a loyal following thanks to how long they last with proper maintenance, a Honda Odyssey buggy may outlast the desire to drive it.
Honda Odyssey 350 Specifications: 1977 to 1984
- 1977 to 1984: ground clearance is 5.51 inches
- Turning Radius: 1977-80 = 17.4 feet, 1981-84 = 14.1 feet
- Dry Weight: 1977-79 = 397 lbs, 1980 = 408 lbs, 1981-84 = 423 lbs
- Maximum Climbing Angle: 1977-84 = 35 degrees
- Stopping Distance: 1977-84 = 20 meters from 50 kmh / 61 feet @ 31.25 mph
- Engine Type: 1977-84 = air cooled 2-stroke engine
- Engine Displacement: 1977-84 = 248cc, 15.1 cubic inches.
- Compression Ratio: 1977-84 = 6.6:1
- Idle Speed: 1977-84 = 1500 rpm
- Spark Plug: 1977-84 = NGK BR7ES
- Brakes: 1977-84 = Self adjusting cable actuated disc
- Parking Brake 1977-84 = Cable actuated shoe and drum
- Headlights: 1977-79 = 6V-35W, 1980 = 12V-45W, 1981-84 = 12V-60W
- Taillight: 1977-79 = none, 1980 = 12V-3W for Canadian Models Only, 1981-84 = 12V-3W
- Ignition System 1977-80 = Points and Condenser, 1981-84 = Capacitor Ignition System (CDI)
1985 Honda Odyssey ATV FL350R Specs
- Engine: 329.1cc / 20.08cid, 2-cycle, Air-cooled
- Fuel: Premix 20:1 with a minimum of 89 octane
- Starter: Electric and recoil
- Ignition: Solid state CD
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: V-belt torque converter with F/N/R gearbox
- Length: 85 inches
- Width: 61 inches
- Height: 54.7 inches
- Wheelbase: 61 inches
- Ground clearance: 8.3 inches
- Fuel capacity: 3.8 gallons, including 0.7 gallon reserve
- Tires: Front: 21 x 7-10 high flotation
- Rear: 24 x 11-10 high flotation
- Suspension: Front: Dual-trailing arms w/hydraulic shocks, 4.3 inches of travel
- Rear: Diagonal link-type w/gas charged shocks, 5.9 inches of travel
- Brakes: Front: Dual hydraulic drums
- Rear: Hydraulic disc
- Honda Odyssey ATV Dry weight: 584 pounds
Note: The FLR350 Honda Odyssey has strong collector interest and prices for complete FLR350 models has risen accordingly, Honda Odyssey FL350 parts are increasingly scarce. Contact ATVStyle on Twitter to talk about the FL250 or FL350 ATVs.
HONDA FL250 ODYSSEY VIN Info
Dave on Twitter asked me why FL250 Honda Odyssey ATV VINs don't compare to those of traditional ATV VINs. The answer is that Honda Odyssey ATVs were produced from 1977 to 1985 and don't use traditional 17 digit VIN numbers. Instead Honda used an independent VIN system of their own design for FL250 Odysseys and the following is their breakdown by year.
- 1977: FL250*1000001 – 1011921
- 1978: FL250*1100001 – 1112345
- 1979: FL250*2000001 – 2012620
- 1980: TB04*2000001 – 2006315
- 1981: TB040*BC400001 – BC406324
- 1982: TB040*CC500001 – CC514700
- 1983: TB040*DC600001 – DC617555
- 1984: TB040*EC700051 – EC703225
If you own a Honda Odyssey ATV, or are interested in buying one, read my post on ATV values to find out what it's worth.